Just thought I'd share a work-in-progress with you.. it's a mini-book called 'This is Me!' and was the subject of this month's Scrapbook class which took place yesterday morning. Thank you to the ladies who attended the class.. it was a productive and enjoyable morning, and as usual I was thrilled to see how your ideas took shape.
So here are my pages so far...
First the front cover:
- To make the covers, carefully cut some cardboard (the type that's corrugated on the inside and flat on the outsides) into squares of 8-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches. You'll need a metal ruler and a large cutting mat.
- Cut your chosen Designer Series Paper to 11-1/2 inches square, then place your cardboard square in the centre. Mark all around with a pencil then cut off the corners of the paper just at the point where your pencil lines come together (to form mitred corners).
- Fold the flaps over the cardboard and secure tightly with Sticky Strip.
- Cover the inside of your cardboard cover with a sheet of DSP or cardstock cut to a tiny bit less than 8-1/2 inches square.
- Punch holes with a regular hole punch or Crop-a-Dile .
- Decorate your cover as you like!
Designer Series Paper: Greenhouse Garden (£8.75 for 12 sheets)
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Chocolate Chip (£6.25 for 24 smooth sheets)
Tools: Big Shot (£87.95), Timeless Type Alphabet Dies (£65.95), Beautiful Wings Embosslits (£10.50), Flower - Daisies #2 (£16.95)
Now for the first two pages of my mini-book:
Supplies:Cardstock: Regal Rose, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, Confetti White
DSP: Nursery Suite Specialty DSP (£9.95 for 12 sheets)
Accent Stickers: Nursery Suite (£7.50 for 2 sheets)
Tools: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet, Lots of Tags Sizzlits dies (£18.95), Scallop Envelope die (£18.95)
Accessories: Linen Thread (£3.75 for 13.7m)
And the second pair of pages...
In these pages, I've simply layered three wide strips of Designer Series Papers, along with one of the border stickers from the Nursery Suite Quick Accents pack.
Supplies:Cardstock: Regal Rose, Confetti White, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Nursery Suite, Subtles DSP stack (So Saffron polka dot) (£15.50 for 40 sheets)
Accent stickers: Nursery Suite Quick Accents
Tools: Big Shot, Timeless Type alphabet, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Circles #2 dies (£14.50)
I'll share another pair of pages very soon..
Our next Scrapbook class is on Thursday 23rd June when we'll be continuing with our mini books. Don't worry if you missed the first class, it'll be very easy to catch up! The project won't be completed in the next session but once you've got started it's something you can dip into as and when you feel like adding a page or two.
Fancy coming along? Contact me on email@example.com or call me on 01323 730296 to book your place. I have two places left for this class so please book early to be sure of your spot!
Finally.. if you'd like to purchase any of the products used in this project, please don't hesitate to get in touch (details as above) and I'll happily place your order for you.
Thanks for visiting!