Upcoming Classes

Thursday 9th June: 10.00-12.30: Cardmaking.. cards for men using the Plane & Simple stamp set.
Thursday 23rd June: 9.30-12.30: Scrapbooking.. we'll be continuing with our 8"x8" mini book, theme: Book of Me!

Sunday 29 May 2011

Happy Birthday Mum - a card and a jewellery project!

It's my Mum's 60th today.. so a huge Happy Birthday if you're reading, Mum!

Here's the card I made for her..


Supplies for the card:
Cardstock - Confetti White, Rose Red, Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Certainly Celery
Dies - Flower: Daisies #2, Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Punch - Build a Blossom (for the leaf)
Stamps - Curly Cute (Happy Birthday), non-SU! tiny stamp set (MUM).
Accessories - Daffodil Delight Button from Brights Designer Buttons set, Linen Thread

And here's Mum's present - it's a necklace and earrings set I made using a kit from The Eastbourne Bead Company. (Actually I made the earrings using a few leftover beads and some earring findings I had in my crafty stash.)


It's not as short as it looks in the photo.. I doubled it up so I could fit it in an envelope! The necklace was pretty easy to make and I managed it in two or three hours. It's made from these gorgeous shiny shell beads, threaded onto pink cord with knots before and after each one to hold them all in place, four strands altogether. In hindsight I would have made it a bit shorter, or perhaps added another strand.. but hey, it's not bad for a first attempt!

While I was at the Bead Company shop, I couldn't resist buying another kit, for a silver charm bracelet complete with LOTS of very similar shell beads attached on jump rings. It'll be fantastic when it's finished but, having started it last night, I can tell it's going to take a LOT longer than Mum's necklace. Those tiny jump rings are slippery little blighters and I keep dropping them..

Have a lovely day!

Sarah :o)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Bright and beautiful card Sarah! Im sure your mum loves it! Love the embosslit butterlfies as well, I seem to be using these on everything at the moment (much to my husbands despair!).
Hugs, Vicoria ~x~

LesleyG said...

Lucky Mum! and you look so much like her!....love all the colours...and I MUST get the daisy die!