Upcoming Classes

Thursday 9th June: 10.00-12.30: Cardmaking.. cards for men using the Plane & Simple stamp set.
Thursday 23rd June: 9.30-12.30: Scrapbooking.. we'll be continuing with our 8"x8" mini book, theme: Book of Me!

Wednesday 7 July 2010

A special birthday card.. and the one that got away

This week I had two special birthday cards to make - one for my dear mum-in-law's 60th birthday which was on Monday, and one which was commissioned by a Toddler Group friend for her mother-in-law who is 98 at the end of the month.

Both cards needed to say 'Mum' and 'Happy 60th/98th Birthday' as appropriate. Not having the alphabet stamps needed to stamp this out, I 'cheated' and printed my greetings on patterned paper. Both cards used pink papers from the Sweet Pea Designer paper stack, along with the 'Baroque Motifs' stamp set (my absolute favourite at the moment). I also used the Two-Step Bird punch on my mum-in-law's card.


The Baroque Motif was stamped with Versamark and embossed with holographic embossing powder so it catches the light much better than the photo shows.

And the one that got away...? Well, what a numpty I am. In my haste to get to Toddler Group this morning with the 98th birthday card I forgot to photograph it. It was similar to the one above.. but the image was stamped in Old Olive on the houndstooth check paper, and instead of the bird it was festooned with pinky-lilac paper hydrangeas (from Prima I believe). I'd also printed the 'Mum' and '98th' a bit bigger, which looked better I think.

My second monthly card-making class is this Friday - and we'll be making cards using the Baroque Motifs set.. can't wait! Also, I have lots of exciting plans for September, including an idea for a scrapbooking class which I've been nurturing for soooo long.. I'll share more details very soon.

Meanwhile.. if you are interested in coming to a class, or purchasing anything from the Stampin' Up! catalogue, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

No comments: